Self Employed Pub Business Partner

Vine Inn
Foundation agreement


Located in the lovely Hampshire village of Hambleton, this village road side pub is located at the end of the village in a prominent location.  The beautiful building has a living well inside the pub at the back which you can look down, a truly unique feature.  The Vine is the only pub in the village


On entering the one room pub with little areas, you have a central bar and old fireplace. To the left you have 2 small dining and drinking areas with toilets and to the right you have further dining and drinking areas with a customer toilet


At the rear of the bar you have a small drinking and games area. There is a small easy to maintain pub garden and shelter at the rear


There is a full catering kitchen to enable a good pub food offering to locals and tourists alike


Key features


Great village location

Great starter pub

Well in the pub


Easy roadside parking on the village main street

Great spacious living accommodation

Viewing Highly Recommended

The Opportunity

Let your big ideas for your own pub run free as a foundation partner. Your earnings will be based on a percentage of weekly drinks sales, but you’ll have the flexibility to choose the food you offer and keep every penny of food sales!It’s the chance to:

  • Leave your old life behind and be your own boss
  • Commit to five of the most exciting years you’ll have ever worked
  • Live rent-free in the pub
  • Take home 25% of weekly drinks sales
  • Keep 100% of the money you make on food
  • Keep 50% of the profits from any gaming machines
  • Offer the award-winning range of fantastic Marston’s beers, wines, spirits and minerals
  • Have your drinks stock supplied and paid for by Marston’s, not to mention your heating and lighting
  • Learn from the best during your induction training and enjoy on going training and support from your dedicated Business Development Manager
Things to consider

You’ll need to put in a £5k deposit, plus legal fees and cover your own insurance (except building insurance, which we’ll pay for). Also, you’ll want to start thinking about your team; taking care of paying them and all other employment matters. We’re on-hand to offer guidance as you plan your business overheads, like business rates (and your own residential Council Tax). Also, start thinking about any internal repairs and decoration you’d like to do to bring the place up to standard and committing to an annual decorating fund.

Before we all sign the agreement and see you heading into a whole new life, you’ll just need to show us proof that you’ve had independent financial advice from an accountant and solicitor, as dictated by the Statutory Pub Code. And, of course, obtain your personal licence (which we’ll help with) and complete your induction training.

It’s a five-year commitment, so you have loads of time to build the business and get it performing brilliantly but, if you do want to leave early, there’s always the option of six months’ notice with a ‘break’ clause in the contract.