Self-Employed Pub Business Partner

Britannia Inn
Foundation agreement


The Britannia Inn is located just on the outskirts of Madeley, Telford down a peaceful street near to the aqueduct. It is a traditional 2 room wet only pub which benefits from Sky Sports, pool, a jukebox and various pub games in one room and more relaxed drinking in the other room. Entertainment has always been popular here with live acts performing on Saturday nights.
There is a large well kept beer garden to the top of the car park which is a perfect location on a hot summers day.
The Britannia is very much at the hub of the community and is well known for hosting quiz nights, fundraisers, bingo and an array of events to bring everybody together.
The Britannia would be an ideal pub for a wet led community operator who has entertainment experience and excellent standards.   It would also be an ideal first time pub for someone who is looking to keep it as the hub of the community and a safe and friendly place to drink.

The Opportunity

Let your big ideas for your own pub run free as a foundation partner. Your earnings will be based on a percentage of weekly drinks sales, but you’ll have the flexibility to choose the food you offer and keep every penny of food sales!It’s the chance to:

  • Leave your old life behind and be your own boss
  • Commit to five of the most exciting years you’ll have ever worked
  • Live rent-free in the pub
  • Take home 30% of weekly drinks sales
  • Keep 100% of the money you make on food
  • Keep 50% of the profits from any gaming machines
  • Offer the award-winning range of fantastic Marston’s beers, wines, spirits and minerals
  • Have your drinks stock supplied and paid for by Marston’s, not to mention your heating and lighting
  • Learn from the best during your induction training and enjoy on going training and support from your dedicated Business Development Manager
Things to consider

You’ll need to put in a £5k deposit, plus legal fees and cover your own insurance (except building insurance, which we’ll pay for). Also, you’ll want to start thinking about your team; taking care of paying them and all other employment matters. We’re on-hand to offer guidance as you plan your business overheads, like business rates (and your own residential Council Tax). Also, start thinking about any internal repairs and decoration you’d like to do to bring the place up to standard and committing to an annual decorating fund.

Before we all sign the agreement and see you heading into a whole new life, you’ll just need to show us proof that you’ve had independent financial advice from an accountant and solicitor, as dictated by the Statutory Pub Code. And, of course, obtain your personal licence (which we’ll help with) and complete your induction training.

It’s a five-year commitment, so you have loads of time to build the business and get it performing brilliantly but, if you do want to leave early, there’s always the option of six months’ notice with a ‘break’ clause in the contract.